Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 1 Photo Challenge: Constructed self portrait

Winona by Joe McNally. joemcnally.com
Joe McNally is one of my all time favorite photographers. I have read his Time/Life "Digital Photography" book and have taken several on-line courses and tutorials by him. Joe has been a staff photographer for Life Magazine and contributes regularly to National Geographic.

The reason I like Joe so much is because he is great at lighting and does a very good job of instructing others is the use of flash and strobes.

I have placed myself in the above photograph of Winona Ryder by Joe McNally. I studied the lighting in the photograph and reproduced it as well as I could in the studio. I the took a picture of myself, extracted me from the background and the placed me into the photo with Winona. I little treatment with the mixer brush and dodging tool to helped me blend into the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment